Thursday, May 02, 2013

Restless

There's a part inside of me that's being restless, right now. I don't know, but, something's making me uneasy. The upcoming May 2013 national elections? No, but the senatorial candidates' jingles are definitely distracting. Especially those of Jack Enrile's and Risa Hontiveros'. I think I'm restless because I'm pressured by the preparation for my approaching birthday celebration.

It's because I'm planning all by myself. And I don't like it when I'm being pressured. Makes me unproductive. Sure, I do have some progress on the program, the important people involved, but I can't help thinking that guests who have confirmed haven't reached even (half) a quarter of the number of people supposed to come. My mom told me that I should give my invited guests a deadline of until when they can confirm that they WILL come.

I understand my mother; I mean, she's the one fixing things like the reservation for food and tables and seats in the restaurant. And it's too difficult to settle a contract when you're not yet sure if people are going to come or not.

My 18th birthday only happens ONCE IN A LIFETIME. For almost 18 years, that's one thing that my mom taught me which I will never forget. When you're invited to a certain party or occasion, you've gotta make time for that. A birthday/anniversary or whatever party is being celebrated because of the reason that it's special. Sabi nga ni Sir Mong Llarenas, "Kung lahat eh meron nung 'something special' na 'yun, edi parang hindi na rin siya special." You do your normal routine regularly, if not daily then maybe weekly or monthly, but the occasion you're gonna miss may be happening only once every year; it may even be once in a lifetime. You'll have another day or week or month for whatever's in your routine, but  you can't have another one of that celebration that you missed.

Another thing, just so you guys know, I've got a whole lot of friends and important people in my life. Coming from my mom's side of the family (she's got 9 siblings, which makes them 10 and that simply means LOTS of cousins for me), my dad's side (he's got 9 siblings, so another set of cousins for me -- they're many, okay), my elementary, secondary, and tertiary school friends, my church mates, my mom's office mates, my hometown neighbors, my mom's childhood friends, my own childhood friends, my mom's discipleship group, my classmates in our Bible study, and a lot more. [Take note: the sons and daughters and grandchildren of the people who belong to my mom's groups are also included, since they too, have become my childhood friends and batch mates. Let's just say that the friendships are being passed on from generation to generation, so...] It's so hard to choose who are the ones I am going to invite to this special day for me. AND IT BREAKS MY HEART EVERY TIME I CROSS OUT SOMEONE, AND EVERY TIME SOMEONE SAYS HE OR SHE CAN'T MAKE IT. Come to think of it, out of my almost-a-thousand friends, I chose you, making you more special than the others. Then you'll say you're not coming?! (You don't do that to me!!!) Kidding, haha. 'Cause this post's getting more dramatic. ~qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

But really. =)) I mean. Your presence on my special day really means a lot to me. :)) That's all I really wanna say, thank you. :p

2 comments:

  1. nakaaktawa. ba't tagalog blog mo? =)) dejk. sino yang dahilan ng pag-iinarte mo? :))

    ps. don't get me wrong. huahua. i meant 'pag-iinarte' in a joke-y way HAHAHA :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh siyempre Pinoy ako! As much as possible tina-try kong mag-all-in-English for the sake of the whole wide world audience. =))

      Hindi ako nag-iinarte, it's just that they're all important people to me, so I want them to be there.

      Delete

Have somethin' to say? :)