Friday, February 08, 2013

Today I Saw...

If you'd take a look at my brain right now, you'll discover that my mind's awfully messy. It's full of mixed emotions but I'm more happy than sad. =)) I'm easily affected by things, y'know; not a hint of sadness/sorrow came to me this day until I read someone's blog. I'll talk more about him later.

I came just in time for my first class today. Good thing we started at 8AM, I had time to wash the dishes before I left home. The lesson for today is two-level implementation gates; and I'm starting to get the logic gates and circuits diagrams thingy right. Something to thank God for. :)

I brought my laptop with me so I could print my ESF (Enlistment Survey Form) for summer. And just in case one of my kids who needed to catch up hadn't filled out their forms yet. I just missed being of help to them. :D I had the chance of helping them secure our adviser's signature and submit one copy to the OCS. I'm particularly excited to spend more time with them one-on-one, so I'd have plenty to write about them; aside from the data I've collected with my black book [I'm planning to create a personalized post for each one of them, so I wouldn't have to print/use ink and papers xD]. It occurred to me that only one month's left before the 2nd semester ends... And not all of them are goin' to take up summer. Actually, they don't need to take up summer... Some of them just wanted to take advanced subjects (which is unusual for CS students, as far as I know :p), while others really have to take up their backlog subjects. I just hope and pray that the subjects they need will be opened up this summer.

After looking for our adviser in the department's office, someone greeted me by my nickname with a smile and tried to reach for my stomach (I'm not really sure what this person's trying to do, teasing me or something, perhaps?). Of course I took a step away to avoid this attack (it might be a critical hit! HAHAHA sorry I suddenly missed playing Pokemon). It was just a quick "Hi/Hello" but it really made my day. =)) I missed the times that we're together when it was DPSM week. Okay enough of this. I'm talking about THAT person in the previous post, again. -__-"

Lately I'm being hooked up with the game Coindozer in my blockmate's cellphone. Hi, Jodiebod! =)) I do not play this game in real life because I think it's a waste of time and money. It's really hard to push one peso coins into the machine, y'know. But in the cp game it's fun! Coins could be easily pushed to the edge... With so much more prizes and stuff. Waiting for extra coins is a pain though. Nobody wants to wait, we all know that. :)) Because of this I almost forgot to return it to her! xD My apologies, Jodie Lee Diane Cristobal. :p

My last class for today was Math 73. Right now I'm really enjoying our lessons about derivatives... We just finished the differentiation theorems and the chain rule earlier this week, and today we discussed the higher-order derivatives. One error I keep repeating though is saying we "derive" when we get the derivative of a function instead of we "differentiate". Poor me. Sir Mong will get angry. LOL

I used to have a fellowship with some of my best friends in our church together with our mentor every Friday, but unfortunately Ate Ira's not available today... so we're gonna meet next next week, since it would be MBC's Love Banquet on the 15th. I miss you girls. Mara. Sarah. Asel. Sharms. Tintin. And hey, I wanna invite Hannah to our group as well! :D

So now I'll talk about "someone" who I mentioned in the first part of this post. I searched for his blog so I could add it to the blogs I follow. I've visited his blog a lot of times before but I just scanned it and have never fully read its contents. Tonight I found out that he has a new blog, so I added both to my lists. As I was reading his posts, I can't help but be affected by his being emotional... aside from the fact that he is somewhat family to me. We're not really close at school; we just usually say our hi's and hello's when we see each other. I've always looked up to him and often times, when I see him, I feel inadequate. It's because I have the tendency to compare myself to him. We're similar in a lot of ways... but we're really far from each other when it comes to performance and grades. And all this time I thought he was a genius who's living as if he's always relaxed... with no failing marks since his first year in the university, being so calm and chill-looking despite the thesis and all the other requirements a graduating student has to accomplish. Not to mention he's a member of the executive committee of our org last year. His blog is just full of sorrow -- with my choice of word emphasized to describe what he feels. He was too intelligent and responsible for me, I became so ashamed of myself that I won't dare to talk with him for a long time since I'm afraid that all my weaknesses would surface, if not pointed out by him. But then he was empty... he said that in his blog. This emptiness was so great that he just wanted to escape everything. Because of this... I am encouraged to talk to him about things... to ask for help, since we share too many similarities. It's not that I'm also feeling empty; I just want to learn from him and take this opportunity to help him as well (I wish I'd be able to).

I didn't want this post to end in a sad tone, so let me share what me and my friends enjoyed doing for today. =)) During our Math class, Arianne, JC, Franz and Ace kept repeating the phrase "Pweedeeee... Siguurooooo..." and on my way home every time someone asks a question they would answer by quoting this very special person (with feelings). HAHAHA Hi Tita hi Jhai hi Lizzie hi Tam hi Kat. =)) Let's go celebrate DPSM week once again, guys! :))

So... this post unexpectedly became a long one. Sorry for that. xD If you're still reading up to this sentence, well, thank you. <3 :))

P.S. I had Bob Uy's Sweet and Spicy Lucky Me Pancit Canton for my snack this afternoon. And today I saw... ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have somethin' to say? :)